The University of St. Thomas is pleased to announce that the following faculty members have been promoted. These recommendations were made by the Tenure and Promotion Committee at the May 2012 meetings and subsequently were approved by Father Dennis Dease, president of the University of St. Thomas.
Promoted to full professor
- Dr. Kanishka Chowdhury, College of Arts and Sciences, English Department
- Dr. Monica Hartmann, College of Arts and Sciences, Economics Department
- Dr. Melissa Lamb, College of Arts and Sciences, Geology Department
- Dr. John Tauer, College of Arts and Sciences, Psychology Department
- Dr. Karen Westberg, College of Education, Leadership and Counseling, Special and Gifted Education
- Dr. Sunil Mohanty, Opus College of Business, Finance Department
- Dr. John Olson, Opus College of Business, Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Dr. Lalith Samarakoon, Opus College of Business, Finance Department
- Mr. Virgil Wiebe, J.D., School of Law
- Mr. Joel Nichols, J.D., School of Law
Promoted to associate professor
- Dr. Timothy Mead, College of Arts and Sciences, Health and Human Performance
The granting of promotion recognizes the achievements of faculty in their teaching, professional engagement and service to the university. Please join me in congratulating them on their outstanding work.