President Julie Sullivan and U.S. 8th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Diana Murphy, a St. Thomas trustee since 1991, will receive “Celebrating Twin Cities Women Leaders” awards on Tuesday, Sept. 16.
The George Family Foundation will recognize Sullivan, Murphy and 82 other women as exceptional leaders “who have led the Twin Cities in building institutions and solving significant social problems,” said Penny George, foundation president. “I hope the community realizes how very fortunate we are for their dedication and their leadership.” In addition, nine women will be honored posthumously at the event, which will be held at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis.
Other honorees with ties to St. Thomas include former Minnesota Supreme Court Chief Justice Kathleen Blatz, a former member of the St. Thomas Board of Trustees and the School of Law Board of Governors; U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, former member of the law school board; and Dr. Mary Jo Kreitzer, founder and director of the Center for Spirituality & Healing at the University of Minnesota and wife of Dr. Joseph Kreitzer, associate vice president for academic affairs at St. Thomas.
The following alumni will be honored:
- Mary Brainerd, ’79 MBA, president and chief executive officer of Health Partners.
- Lynn Casey ’86 MBA, chair and chief executive officer of PadillaCRT.
- Bernadeia Johnson ’93 M.A. (education), superintendent of Minneapolis Public Schools.
- Jodee Kozlak ’85, executive vice president and chief human resources officer of Target.
- Trudy Rautio ’84 MBA, president and chief executive officer of Carlson.