Master of Arts in English hosts two information sessions
The Master of Arts in English program will host two informational sessions in late January:
- Minneapolis campus: Wednesday, Jan. 28, from 6:15 to 7:45 p.m. in Terrence Murphy Hall, Room 450
- St. Paul campus: Thursday, Jan. 29, from 5 to 7 p.m. in Murray-Herrick Campus Center, Fireside Room
English faculty and current graduate students will be available at the Thursday evening session.
The Master of Arts in English program offers students the opportunity to develop their analytical, writing and editing skills. Its goals are to:
- deepen students’ knowledge of English and American literature,
- broaden their perspective through multicultural courses,
- enhance their understanding of the essential role language has in thought, values and self-development.
The program aims to strengthen and expand participants’ personal and professional qualifications, whether this means improving the effectiveness of elementary and secondary teaching, creating an effective bridge between the bachelor’s degree and entry into Ph.D. programs, or simply participating in a life-enhancing scholarly community.
R.S.V.P. to Andy Leet, (651) 962-5600.