Students are invited to attend Major Exploration Day on Thursday, Feb. 28. This informal “mix-and-mingle” event will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Woulfe Alumni Hall in the Anderson Student Center. Students will check in at the registration table and receive a brief overview of the day.
Three activities have been planned:
- Complete an abbreviated version of the Strong Interest Inventory and consult with a career specialist about the meaning and usefulness of the inventory results.
- Meet with an academic counselor to review degree, major and minor requirements and individual degree evaluations.
- Visit with faculty members to learn more about specific majors and minors.
Students who have completed at least 48 credits will be able to officially declare their majors and/or minors by completing a major declaration card.
A number of departments will participate:
- Actuarial Science
- Art History
- Communication and Journalism
- Criminal Justice
- Health and Human Performance
- Modern and Classical Languages
- Political Science
- SMEE (Science and Math for Elementary Education)
Pizza, beverages and cookies will be served.
For more information call Colleen Stephens in Academic Counseling, (651) 962-6300.