St. Thomas faculty and staff are invited to attend an open house from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, March 27, in Room 102, O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center. There guests will find a showcase of free library resources and services.
What to learn and do at the open house
- Take a look at the library’s new Research Online site
- See the ever-growing list of publications by UST staff and faculty as they are added
- See where Leisure Reading, new books and movies are kept for patrons to check out
- Learn how to find favorite books and articles in full text and online
- Learn how to search an individual’s family tree
- Learn how to request books and articles online
- Listen to music and view videos
- Learn how to reserve meeting spaces in the library
- Discover upcoming library events
- Book individual time with librarians for personal research help – and more
Treats and beverages will be provided.
For more information on the open house, call Jo Ann Toussaint, (651) 962-5409, or Julie Kimlinger, (651) 962-5014.
* * *
Database Trial Month
As Database Trial Month continues, please experiment with the research databases listed below and give us your feedback.
Database trials are available via the UST Libraries website:
- Springer Protocols (Molecular Medicine, Biotechnology)
- Sharpe Online Reference (history, culture and trade)
- Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception – EBR
- World Religions Online
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Pittsburgh Courier, 1911-2002
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Chicago Defender, 1910-1975
- African-American Periodicals