The Charles J. Keffer Library recently moved up the stairs into our new space in Room 206, Opus Hall, on the Minneapolis campus. The last few weeks have been exciting as we unpack boxes and find new homes for the many people and resources that make Keffer Library tick.
The new Keffer Library space now contains:
- Curriculum and Children’s book collections – already moved back thanks to the dedication of our student workers.
- Over 30 public computers, including two Mac stations and four workstations with specialty software.
- Two study rooms, each able to be reserved with the Libcal online reservation system.
- One-point service desk – staffed by a librarian as well as both technology and circulation assistants.
- Sunlit reading lounge.
Look for the following additional changes in the next few weeks and months:
- Wall shelving for the reference collection.
- Lower-level quiet study area.
- Return of the bulk of the collection from its temporary housing at the UST Law Library – to be housed on compact shelving on the lower level (currently being installed).
We’re happy to say that it’s starting to feel like home. The Charles J. Keffer dedication display has been hung back on the walls, and operations are getting settled. Thanks again for your patience as we continue to transition into our new space!