Beginning Ash Wednesday, Feb. 13, Campus Ministry and the Wellness Center invite students, faculty and staff of all faith traditions to take part in a 45-day Lenten challenge to quiet their minds, renew their bodies and foster their spirits.
During the season of Lent, prayer, fasting and almsgiving are the primary means of preparation for Holy Week and the great feast of Easter for Christians worldwide. Members of the campus community are invited to consider using the 45 days of Lent to pay particular attention to mind, body and spirit.
Stay in touch on Facebook with Campus Ministry and the Wellness Center to receive updates on events and weekly words of encouragement, as well as the opportunity to be entered into a drawing for a $100 bookstore gift card.
Participate in the 45-day challenge activities:
- Meditation Mondays – 5:30-6 p.m. in the Anderson Student Center Meditation Room (Room 251)
- Hula Tuesdays – noon-1 p.m. in the Koch Commons Fireside Room (Room 113)
- Chair Massage Wednesdays – noon-1 p.m. in the Koch Commons Fireside Room (Room 113)
- Relaxation Class Thursdays – 4-5 p.m. in the Koch Commons Fireside Room (Room 113)
- Poetry and Book Reading Fridays – noon to 12:30 p.m. in the O’Shaughnessy Room (Room 108, aka “the leather room”) of the O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library