The Luann Dummer Center for Women is seeking applications for a temporary faculty position on its advisory board.
Composed of faculty, staff and students, the advisory board is a decision-making body for the LDCW on matters concerning the center’s budget, membership, grant-distribution and other important matters.
The board meets about five times during the academic year (more if necessary) and is in frequent communication with the center’s director to assist in various ways, including the development of policy for the center. The term is approximately six years, although students serve only until their status changes.
To fill the vacancy created by a faculty sabbatical leave, the LDCW is seeking applications from full-time faculty of the university interested in serving on the advisory board from December 2013 through December 2014. Those interested are invited to send a statement of interest to the LDCW director, Dr. Young-ok An. Include information on your academic or professional experience with issues related to women and gender. Please view the LDCW website for its mission and programs.
Expressions of interest should be received no later than Monday, Nov. 25.
For additional information about the center or its advisory board, e-mail An or contact a current board member:
- Dr. Vanessa Cornett-Murtada, Music Department
- Elizabeth Dussol, Academic Counseling
- Curt Le May, The Ireland Library
- Dr. Marie Lopez del Puerto, Physics Department
- Dr. Jill Manske, Biology Department
- Dr. Sue Myers, Chair of Women’s Studies Program; Theology Department (Ex Officio)
- Patricia Satzer, Law Library
- Carey Winkler, Social Work
- Dr. Nancy Zingale (Ex Officio)
- Laura Noppe, graduate student representative
- Melissa Seymour, undergraduate student representative