- Community Service work-study students will work at the Merriam Park Community Center in their Youth Connections after-school program.
- Tutor Mentor, Reading Buddies and VISION-VIA student leaders will participate in an urban immersion retreat sponsored by the Twin Cities Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs (HECUA).
- On Tuesday, Feb. 18, 200 new student tutors were trained so that next week they can join another 100 students in the spring Tutor-Mentor program.
- Also on Tuesday, the students who participated in recent international VISION trips shared their experiences in Mexico, Ecuador, Honduras and Guatemala.
- At 5:30 p.m. today, Wednesday, Feb. 19, in Koch Commons, the Student Coalition for Social Justice will have a meeting for new members to highlight its action groups: Students Against the War, Sowers for Justice, Green Team, Real Babes Redefining Beauty, School of the Americas Watch, and The Soapbox.
Civic engagement is a year-round activity at the University of St. Thomas. Voices are raised every week of the year. For more information on the