The St. Thomas Great Books reading group will discuss Is Nature Enough? Meaning and Truth in the Age of Science, by John F. Haught, on Wednesday, Jan. 27. (Note the change in selection for January.) The group will meet from 7 to 9 p.m. in Room 388, Owens Science Hall.
The Great Books Reading Group tentative schedule:
- Feb. 24: Rebecca, by Daphne du Maurier
- March 24: The Demon-Haunted World, by Carl Sagan
- April 21: Faust Part 1, by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- May 19: The Woman Behind the New Deal, by Kristin Downey
- June: The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck
Everyone is welcome; refreshments will be served. The books are available in the University of St. Thomas Bookstore. Look for the Great Books poster near the customer service desk.
For information or to make requests or comments, e-mail Dr. Thomas Tommet.