Are you ready to take on the Auggies again in Fitness Challenge 2014? The challenge is an eight-week competition between Augsburg and St. Thomas, from Wednesday, Feb. 19, through Tuesday, April 15. Spread the word and encourage all UST faculty and staff to be competitive in this year’s contest.
Register for the Fitness Challenge today and log your individual minutes each week. Any physical activity counts; work out anywhere at any time. Those who participate in all eight weeks of the challenge will earn an extra 350 Vitality points. (Vitality is a free and easy interactive personalized wellness program; sign up for Vitality here.)
How does it work?
- Register for Fitness Challenge 2014.
- Keep track of the number of minutes you work out each week starting Feb. 19.
- The maximum minutes a participant can log are 90 minutes per day or 630 minutes for one week.
- Once registered, look for emails giving you week-by-week instructions.
- Join the program at any time, and your minutes will start at that time.
- The college winner will be announced every week, along with the top two UST winners.
- The top winner for the week will receive an extra 35 Vitality points. (Participants can win the extra 35 points only once during the entire eight weeks of competition; however, AARC members still can accumulate points every time they swipe their card to work out). Other prizes also will be awarded.
Weeks for the competition are logged from Wednesday through Tuesday. Schedule of weeks for Fitness Challenge 2014:
- Week No. 1: Feb. 19-25
- Week No. 2: Feb. 26-March 4
- Week No. 3: March 5-11
- Week No. 4: Mar 12-18
- Week No. 5: Mar 19-25
- Week No. 6: March 26-April 1
- Week No. 7: April 2-8
- Week No. 8: April 9-15
This competition is sponsored by UST’s Vitality Program and the Augsburg College Faculty-Staff Wellness Program.
For more information call: Lisa Keiser, (651) 962-5982; Colleen Stephens, (651) 962-6300; or Tonia Peterson, (651) 962-6305.