The University of St. Thomas’ annual Family Weekend will be held Friday to Sunday, Oct. 8-10. Postcard invitations have been sent to the parents of all new and continuing undergraduate students.
A variety of activities are planned, most of them free, for students and their families. Favorite traditions include:
- Mass and brunch
- Multicultural Family Reception
- International Game Night in Scooter’s
- 2K Fun Run/Walk. Father Dennis Dease, president of St. Thomas, will join in.
- Interesting faculty lectures
- Parent Network Brat and Chili Fest
- Tonic Sol-fa concert.
New events include:
- Lecture by Mary Lou Retton, one of the most celebrated athletes in U.S. Olympic history, sponsored by the University Lectures Committee.
- Varsity volleyball, soccer and football games.
- Night skies observation.
- Reception for commuter students and their families.
- Ecumenical prayer service Sunday morning.
With the opening of the Anderson Athletic and Recreational Center, there is an opportunity for students and their families to watch the football game from the veranda on the east side of the field. Families that wish to participate should proceed to the veranda from the field house entrance inside the AARC.
For the complete schedule and registration information, visit the Family Weekend website. Online reservations are open and encouraged for all events, regardless of whether they require tickets, to ensure appropriate seating for all events.
Volunteer support from the UST community is always welcome. Especially needed is assistance with Saturday evening. If interested, call the Dean of Students office, (651) 962-6050.