The University of St. Thomas Family Weekend 2012 will be held from Friday to Sunday, Oct. 5-7. Invitations were mailed to the families of all new and continuing undergraduate students earlier this month. A variety of activities are planned – most of them free – for students and their families.
Some favorite traditions:
- Family reception
- Diverse slate of faculty lectures
- Family fitness
- Annual Brat-and-Chili Fest sponsored by the Parent Network at Purple on the Plaza
- College Art Gallery Collaborative Fall Art Tour
- PULSE show
- Twin Cities Trolley Tours
- Tonic Sol-Fa concert
- Mass and brunch
Also featured this year:
- Games and activities will take place on Friday and Saturday evenings throughout the Anderson Student Center.
- A lecture and performance will present the legendary Max Weinberg with the UST Instrumental Jazz Ensemble. This event is sponsored by the University Lectures Committee. Weinberg is well-known as the longtime drummer for Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band, and as the band leader for “Late Night With Conan O’Brien” and “The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien.”
- Varsity soccer and football games will provide great family entertainment and a chance to cheer for the Tommies.
For the complete schedule and a link to registration information, visit the Family Weekend website.
Reservations are encouraged for all events, regardless of whether they require tickets, to ensure appropriate seating for all events. Register by Tuesday, Oct. 2.
To volunteer for any of the events call the Dean of Students Office, (651) 962-6050.