Academic Dean Dr. Tom Connery again will present two cash awards recognizing outstanding efforts in service learning. These awards are given annually, one to a faculty member and one to a student.
To be considered for either of the awards, please submit a letter of application addressing the criteria mentioned below. Please send the letter to Dr. Ellen Kennedy, Coordinator of Service Learning, by e-mail to ejkennedy or to Mail #6026 no later than Thursday, April 20. The faculty award will be presented at the faculty meeting on Friday, May 5; the student award will be presented at the Undergraduate Honors Convocation on Sunday, May 14. Please contact Kennedy at (651) 962-5082 with any questions.
Faculty Service Learning Award
This $1,000 award is available to all full-and part-time undergraduate faculty at the University of St. Thomas.
Applicants should have demonstrated achievement in any or all of the following areas:
- Teaching — Outstanding service-learning achievement in a course or courses, demonstrating strong integration of the service-learning efforts into the particular academic discipline and the specific course;
- Engaging the profession — Presentations and papers about service learning, particularly within the particular academic discipline;
- Service — Promoting service-learning at the University of St. Thomas; creating and participating in meaningful social change in the broader community.
Student Service Learning Award
This $100 award is available to all full- and part-time undergraduate students at the University of St. Thomas.
Applicants should have performed service
- As part of a class during the current academic year.
- That has made a significant impact on the student.
- That must have provided significant benefits to those served.