- 3:30 p.m. Welcome and registration.
- 4 p.m. Panel introduction in the auditorium, Room 109. Panelists will each take a minute or two to introduce themselves, describe their areas of knowledge and what they will discuss.
- 4:45 p.m. Break-Out Session I.
- 5:25 p.m. Break-Out Session II.
- 6 p.m. Reception on "Networking." Grab a bite to eat and network with students and professionals. Also, Springboard for the Arts and MCAD resource table.
Each session will be held twice, enabling students to attend two sessions. Each session will have two professionals with experience in that topic area. All speakers are alumni of MPCCC schools. (Rooms will be determined based on number of sign-ups and areas of interest). Students will receive a handout with these topic areas and room locations the day of the event.
Here are the six topic areas covered this year:
- Arts administration and museum administration
- Commercial arts (graphic design, advertising)
- Performing arts: music
- Performing arts: theater
- Film and video production
- Fine arts
Minnesota artists’ resource information
Each student will receive a "bag" with information about services, programs, grants) provided from a variety of state "arts-related" organizations. Some of the organizations providing information include: Springboard for the Arts, Minnesota State Arts Board, MN Artists Online Information, Minnesota Film and TV Board, Intermedia Arts Information, and MCAD.
Location and parking
The Minneapolis College of Art and Design (MCAD) is located just south of downtown Minneapolis next door to the Minneapolis Institute of Art and the Children’s Theater. For general information, call (612) 874-3700. Directions and a map are available
Parking: Free parking is available in the ramp on the corner of 25th Street and Third Avenue S. and the surface lot across Third Avenue. Ample street parking is available (no meters). Free parking for buses is available around the park located in front of the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
Call Paul Strickland at (651) 962-6761.