This summer, the Exempt Staff Council elected new officers, assigned members to standing university committees and developed a survey to find out what issues, topics and events the exempt staff would like the council to focus on in the next two years.
New Exempt Staff Council Officers
Officers were elected at the first meeting of the council in June:
- Chair – Kathy O’Neil, IRT Client Services
- Vice chair – Birdie Cunningham, Health Service and Wellness Center
- Budget and elections coordinator – Marie Aho, IRT, Information Technology
- Communications and website coordinator – Jess Durrant, Opus College of Business, Technology Department
Council Directions Survey and Prize Drawing
To help guide the work of the council in the next two years, members are asked to complete a survey to help determine issues and topics that should be addressed, what types of events are of the most value to exempt staff, and what is the best method to communicate council news and events.
The brief anonymous exempt staff survey is available through Tuesday, Oct. 15. As an extra incentive, complete a separate survey at the end to be entered into a drawing to win one of three UST Camelback water bottles.
Fall All-Staff Forum
Save the date for the Fall All-Staff Forum from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29. The event will be held on both campuses:
- St. Paul: Woulfe Alumni Hall, Anderson Student Center
- Minneapolis: Room 201, Opus Hall Great Room
The speakers will include: President Julie Sullivan, Mike Cogan, Sara Gross Methner, Lucy Payne and Father Erich Rutten.
Registration information and additional details will be published in the Newsroom, on the Exempt Staff Council website, and sent via email in early October. Mark the date on the calendar and share this information with office mates.
Watch for email messages and future Newsroom stories for upcoming events.