The University of St. Thomas College of Applied Professional Studies will host part one of a three-part Community Discussion Series on Thursday, Sept. 24. A group of distinguished school leaders will examine the components of effective student engagement and the factors that often prevent student success.
The discussion, “Engaging the Disengaged Learner,” will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. in Thornton Auditorium, Terrence Murphy Hall, Minneapolis campus. A reception will follow. The event is free and open to the public.
Featured speakers include:
- Kevin Bennett, principal, Inter-District Downtown School
- Delores Henderson, principal, Ames Elementary
- Mary Mackbee, principal, St. Paul Central High School
- Claude Maddox, principal, Skills for Tomorrow Charter High School
- Eric Mahmoud, principal, Harvest Prep Academy
For more information, visit the School of Education’s Web page or call (651) 962-4550.