Dreaming to be a sportscaster?
The St. Thomas Athletics Department will initiate live webcasts of select St. Thomas basketball and hockey games in January and February, and is looking for student to volunteer to handle play-by-play and color duties.
Broadcasting experience is preferred but not mandatory, and familiarity with hockey is a plus. Please send a brief résumé and a short audition tape to sports information director Gene McGivern at email@example.com or Mail No. 5003. He can be reached (651) 962-5903. Materials will be accepted until Jan. 7 or until spots are filled.
McGivern hopes to hire four to six students to rotate into the schedule for the webcasts. The tentative schedule is:
- Jan. 15: Women’s basketball at St. Catherine, 7:30 p.m.
- Jan. 26: Men’s hockey vs. St. John’s, 7 p.m. (Mendota Heights)
- Feb. 2: Women’s hockey vs. Gustavus, 7 p.m. (Mendota Heights)
- Feb. 3: Men’s hockey vs. Gustavus, 7 p.m. (Mendota Heights)
- Feb. 7: Men’s and women’s basketball at Gustavus, 5:45 and 7:45 p.m.
- Feb. 10: Women’s basketball vs. Concordia, 3 p.m.
- Feb. 17: Men’s basketball vs. St. John’s, 3 p.m.
Broadcasts also are likely if the teams make the MIAC and NCAA playoffs in late February and early March.
The men’s basketball team is 6-0 and is rated No. 4 in the country by d3hoops.com.
The women’s basketball team is 4-3 (3-1 in the MIAC). The women’s and men’s hockey teams are 6-4 and 4-5, respectively.