The St. Thomas Employee Federal Credit Union’s spring special – 4 percent for a five-year vehicle loan for any applicant with a BEACON score of 700 or higher – will end on Wednesday, June 30. Applications approved by that date will be processed using the special rates, even if the loan hasn’t been disbursed.
If the vehicle being purchased is a hybrid, the rate will drop by 1 percent. (A five-year loan would be available for 3 percent.) In addition, any decrease in term will reduce the rate by .25 percent for every year less than five. These rates are good for new or used vehicles (including motorcycles) with a model year of 2003 or newer. For vehicles older than 2003, there is a 2 percent increase in each rate.
Applications are available:
- In a rack across the hall from the credit union office, Room 209, Loras Hall.
- By calling (651) 962-6660.
- By e-mailing email@example.com and requesting an application.
Proceeds from the special rate loans cannot be used to decrease the balance of a current loan at the credit union.
Loans are available to credit union members only. To become a member, individuals must be:
- A current regular employee at the University of St. Thomas, St. Thomas Academy, or the credit union, or
- An immediate family member of one of those employees.
Questions? Check the credit union website, call (651) 962-6660, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop in at Room 209, Loras Hall, from noon to 3 p.m. Mondays or 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.