Credit Union offers free gas for car loans closing by Jan. 31
The St. Thomas Employee Federal Credit Union is offering a free gasoline card with every vehicle loan that closes on or before Jan. 31, 2003. For loans of $10,000 or less, get $25 worth of gas; for loans from $10,000.01 to $20,000, get $50 worth of gas; for loans from $20,000.01 to $30,000, get $75 worth of gas; and for loans over $30,000, get $100 worth of gas.
Vehicle rates and terms are:
- New vehicles only — six years — 6 percent
- New or used 1996 or newer — five years — 5.75 percent
- New or used 1996 or newer — four years — 5.50 percent
- New or used 1996 or newer — three years — 5.25 percent
- New or used 1996 or newer two years — 5.00 percent
- New or used 1996 or newer — one year — 4.75 percent
- Used 1995 or older — four years — 7.50 percent
- Used 1995 or older — three years — 7.25 percent
- Used 1995 or older — two years — 7.00 percent
- Used 1995 or older — one year — 6.75 percent
The CU will finance up to 100 percent of a new vehicle, and up to 90 percent of the NADA retail value of a used vehicle, subject to a $40,000 cumulative loan limit at the credit union for any one member.
As always, decisions on loan approval are based on credit history, including BEACON score, and debt-to-income ratio of the applicant. The CU must follow guidelines set down by the NCUA federal examiners, and is responsible to all CU members to lend prudently.
Loan applications are available in a rack outside the CU office, Room 132, Christ Child Hall, or can be requested by calling (651) 962-6660.