Did you know that the peer consultants in the Center for Writing:
- model expert thinking and speaking about writing?
- coach your students to talk about the context of their writing – the assignment, the audience, the purpose?
- demonstrate strategies to organize, provide evidence and edit?
- help students across the disciplines build confidence in their thinking, speaking and writing abilities?
- have extensive experience as writers and intensive preparation to work one-on-one with their peers?
- consult online through the Center for Writing website as well as face-to-face?
- aren’t all English majors?
“The Center for Writing provides all this and much more,” remarked Dr. Susan Callaway, director of the center. “Please encourage every student to take advantage of our free service.”
To view what the center does and how it works, go to the Center for Writing website and click “Services for Faculty.” For more information, brochures or a class visit, call the center’s front desk, (651) 962-5601.
Starting the second week of the semester, peer consultants are available:
John R. Roach Center for the Liberal Arts, Room 361
- Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Fridays, 9 a.m.-noon
O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center
- Sunday, 6-9 p.m.