Next week is International Education Week at St. Thomas, sponsored by International Programs: the International Education Center, the Office of International Student Services and ELS Language Centers.
Celebrate with St. Thomas’ International Programs by participating in some of the activities listed below. (Note the special items offered daily in the Grill.)
All week, Sept. 28-Oct. 2
International food specials in the Grill (see menus below)
Monday, Sept. 28
- Brown Bag Lunch Discussion-Morocco, Hamza Jabri, UST student, Murray-Herrick Campus Center 155, 12:15-1:15 p.m.
- International Dinner Discussion, “Building Consensus in Brazil: an Experience of Participatory Decision Making,” Mariana Hernández-Crespo, associate professor and founder of the UST International ADR Research Network, Murray-Herrick Campus Center, Rogge Room, 5:30 p.m.
- Grill menu – Moroccan chicken tagine with apricots and almonds served over rice, $5.50
Tuesday, Sept. 29
- “Poverty and Prayer,” Gerard Straub, director, presents his documentary film reflecting on the necessity of a deeply prayerful spirituality for confronting the evil of poverty, Murray-Herrick Campus Center 304, 11:30 a.m.-1:15 p.m.
- Grill menu – Brazilian feijoada – Brazilian black beans with pork with rice, $5.50
Wednesday, Sept. 30
- Brown Bag Lunch Discussion-Colombia, Dr. Luz A. Saavedra, Economics, Murray-Herrick Campus Center 155, 12:15-1:15 p.m.
- “Dreaming in Morocco,” Young Moroccans talk about their dreams in a film produced by Dr. Pamela Nice, John R. Roach Center for the Liberal Arts 126, 7 p.m. (Moroccan treats will be provided.)
- Grill menu – Columbian arroz con leche – rice pudding, $2
Thursday, Oct. 1
- International Food and Fun Fair, Campus Square, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The fair will feature international food; enjoy music from around the world, learn about the different countries represented at St. Thomas and more. International performances in Scooter’s.
Grill menu – sweet and sour chicken, egg rolls, cream cheese wontons, fried rice and white rice, and fortune cookie, $6
Friday, Oct. 2
- Brown Bag Lunch Discussion-Brazil, UST students Anderson Ayres and Diana Baul, Murray-Herrick Campus Center 155, 12:15-1:15 p.m.
- Salsa/International Game Night, Scooter’s, 8-11 p.m.
- Grill menu – Italian spaghetti carbonara, $5
A poster highlighting the week’s events can be viewed here.