The Career Development Center serves students and alumni with vocational and career learning. It works work with undecided students on choosing their majors, and later assists students from all major fields to develop required skills as they seek internships, employment or graduate education.
The center offers numerous programs, seminars and events throughout the year. This month, they include:
* * *
Follow the path less taken: overlooked employers
Reached a dead end in your internship or job search? Extend your search to include employers who frequently are overlooked by students. The Career Development Center is offering the following two seminars to give you some new ideas:
- “Careers with Social Impact,” 1-2 p.m. Wednesday, April 7, in Room 355, Murray-Herrick Campus Center – discuss the nonprofit field, job search strategies and what nonprofit professionals look for when hiring.
- “Careers in Public Service,” 3-4 p.m. Wednesday, April 14, in Room 355, Murray-Herrick Campus Center – learn about public sector employers, the variety of careers and how to find jobs and internships.
Register online for either seminar.
* * *
Get help deciding on your major and career field
The Career Development Center also is offering the following session:
- “Planning for the Future: Major and Career Choices,” 2-3 p.m. Wednesday, April 7, in Room 355, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
Need to make a decision about your college major? This seminar will provide information on exploring majors and career fields. Find out what UST alumni are doing with their majors. Learn more about what to consider when choosing a major, career opportunities within each major, and resources and services you can use after the seminar to help in the decision process.
This seminar also will be held on Tuesday, April 20. For more details and to register, visit the Career Development Center Web page.
* * *
Join the Job Search Group
Seniors: Don’t graduate without a plan. Improve your chances of finding a job in a tough economy. The group will meet from 5 to 6 p.m. Wednesdays, April 7, 14, 21 and 28, in Room 355, Murray-Herrick Campus Center.
How can the Job Search Group help?
- Develop and implement a personalized career action plan.
- Benefit from the experience of being helpful to other students.
- Receive guidance from a career counselor.
- Discuss a different job search topic weekly.
Register online early as space is limited.