Call for nominations: Diversity Leadership Awards 2009
I am delighted to announce the 2009 Diversity Leadership Awards call for nominations! The online nominating process opens today.
The Diversity Leadership Awards recognize faculty, staff and an academic or service unit who have demonstrated – through their positive interactions with others, personal efforts and unique contributions – a respect and value for differing backgrounds and points of view within the university community.
Staff, faculty and units who should be considered for the three Diversity Leadership Awards categories:
- actively and positively promote the concept of diversity by enhancing or contributing to the overall environment of the university through improving a cross-cultural understanding;
- show a commitment to the spirit of diversity; and
- illustrate a commitment to inclusion of people within the institution who are members of historically underrepresented groups.
The nomination forms for each category can be found by viewing these links:
- diversity leadership teaching/research award
- diversity leadership staff award
- diversity leadership academic or service unit award
General descriptions for all awards can be found under the "Programs" tab on the Office of Institutional Diversity Web site. Completed nomination information must be submitted online no later than 4 p.m. Monday, Dec. 15. No late submissions will be accepted.
The Diversity Leadership Awards will be presented at a public university program during spring semester.
For more information please contact Dr. Lawrence Potter, (651) 962-6951.
The Office of Institutional Diversity is the proud sponsor of the Diversity Leadership Awards.