The Wellness Center presents Body Image Awareness Week from Monday, Feb. 25, through Friday, March 1. Events will be held on campus throughout the week to recognize issues and provide information concerning body image.
Monday, Feb. 25
- Positive Affirmations Tree: Stop by Koch Commons anytime throughout the week to write something you love about your body or yourself and post it to the large tree hanging on the wall. Stickers and information regarding the rest of the week’s events also will be available.
- “Love Your Body, Love Yourself”: Students are encouraged to submit their best posters relaying the message of loving their body and loving themselves. Submit an electronic version of a poster via email to the Wellness Center. The winner will receive a prize, and the posters will be hung throughout campus. All entries will be posted on UST Wellness Center’s Facebook page and also will be entered into a drawing for two movie tickets.
Tuesday, Feb. 26
- “Beautiful Minds: Body Image and Social Media” discussion: 4:30-5:30 p.m. in the Koch Commons Fireside Room. Both male and female students are invited to attend and give their perspectives in a discussion on social media and body image. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided. Watch for more discussions as a part of the “Beautiful Minds” series throughout the spring semester.
Wednesday, Feb. 27
- “Hairspray” Movie at 7:00 p.m. in ASC Dance: Watch a free showing of the movie “Hairspray” and take part in a brief discussion following the film. Lemonade and popcorn will be provided.
Thursday, Feb. 28
- “Health at Every Size”: Join Counseling and Psychological Services in the Koch Commons Fireside Room from 4-5 p.m. to discuss what health looks like at every size.
Friday, March 1
- Entries for the “Love Your Body, Love Yourself” Poster Contest are due on Friday, March 1. Submit via email to the Wellness Center.