Banner training available this month
Training for both Banner Orientation and Banner Shared Components will be available in March. Registration is required for these courses through
This is a required course to gain security access to the Banner Administrative System. Banner Orientation provides attendees with an overview of the Banner administrative system, including hands-on practice with basic navigation and searching techniques.
- 9 a.m.-noon Tuesday, March 9, Room 325, O’Shaughnessy Science Hall, instructor: Lief Johnson
- 1-4 p.m. Wednesday, March 24, Room 442, Terrence Murphy Hall, instructor: Anne Olstad
Banner Shared Components
Prerequisite: Banner Orientation
This course covers forms and procedures that affect multiple areas, especially names and addresses. This is an intermediate course emphasizing the UST data standards. The course will include hands-on practice with searching, creating and editing addresses and is ideal for those involved with heavy data entry.
- 9 a.m.-noon Wednesday, March 3, Room 442, Terrence Murphy Hall, instructor: Marie Aho
- 9 a.m.-noon Friday, March 5, Room 333, O’Shaughnessy Science Hall, instructor: Marie Aho
- 1-4 p.m. Wednesday, March , Room 333, O’Shaughnessy Science Hall, instructor: Marie Aho
- 9 a.m.-noon Friday, March 26, Room 442, Terrence Murphy Hall, instructor: Marie Aho
More About Banner Training
Those involved with providing Banner training recognize that there are many courses now being offered to the UST community, and they can help you in deciding which ones you need.
Please work with your direct supervisor to decide which training sessions you need to attend. It’s important that all operators take a proactive role in taking advantage of these courses as the university continues to migrate more of its administrative functions into Banner.
This simple chart summarizes our current Banner offerings, and provides guidelines to help you choose the right course for your needs.
Remember, once you have decided on which course you need, please visit Training Online to confirm the day and time it is offered, and to register for the course.