The aquatic center in the newly opened Anderson Athletic and Recreation Center is now open to University of St. Thomas students, staff and faculty for lap swimming.
The opening of the aquatic center comes as welcome news to beached St. Thomas swimmers who haven’t had a pool on campus since April 24 when McCarthy Gym closed for renovations on the south campus.
The aquatic center is available for lap swimming from 6:30 a.m. until 10 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. It is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturdays and noon to 9 p.m. Sundays.
Starting Oct. 1, the pool will be closed from 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. for varsity swim team practice.
The two diving boards will be closed for general use, except on Sundays from 5 to 8 p.m. when the one-meter board only will be available. Some restrictions will apply to use of the one-meter board.
The pool will be closed on the following dates for swim meets:
- Saturday, Oct. 30 (all day)
- Saturday, Nov. 13 (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Saturday, Nov. 19 (after 2:30 p.m.)
- Friday, Dec. 3 (after 2:30 p.m.)
- Saturday, Dec. 4 (all day)
- Saturday, Dec. 11 (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 8 and 9 (all day)
- Saturday, Jan. 15 (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Saturday, Jan. 22 (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Some additional future closures are anticipated and will be announced.
More information about the aquatic center can be found in this previously published Bulletin Today story.