V.I.S.A. Leaders (Volunteer International Student Assistant Leaders) are needed to work with the staffs of International Student Services, and International Recruiting and Admissions, to plan and facilitate the welcoming of incoming international students to campus during move-in and orientation dates for spring and fall semesters in 2012.
V.I.S.A. Leaders duties:
- Greeting new international students at the airport upon initial arrival
- Assisting students with check-in at their residence halls
- Providing campus tours
- Helping students obtain student ID cards
- Planning and facilitating welcome events for new international students (i.e., shopping trips, off-campus outings, etc.)
- Contacting students before they arrive to welcome them
- Performing other duties as assigned to create a warm and welcoming experience for St. Thomas’ new international students
Benefits of being a V.I.S.A. Leader:
- Early residence hall move-in dates
- Cultural and event-planning experience on résumés
- Free V.I.S.A. Leaders T-shirt and free food at welcome events
- The thrill of helping international students create a new home at UST
Interested students should complete a V.I.S.A. Leaders questionnaire, located on the IR&A website, and send it via campus mail to the International Education Center at Mail #44C, attention: Christina Hilpipre-Frischman, or email it to International Recruiting and Admissions.