Here’s this week’s lineup of STAR events:
Tuesday, Oct. 12
- Be a Fanamaniac at the UST women’s soccer game vs. Carleton. Free sweat pants will be given to fans who arrive early; quantities are limited. Starting time is 4 p.m. on the south campus athletic fields.
- Practice your poker face and hope for some lucky cards at Poker Night. The games begin at 6:30 p.m. at Scooter’s.
Thursday, Oct. 14
- Thursday Night Live presents Salsabrosa. Latin dance instructors will teach three sets of 45-minute dance lessons. The band is led by Grammy and Latin Grammy-nominated Cuban pianist and vocalist Viviana Pintado and Cuban conga player Frank Rivery. Their Latin beats and rhythms get your feet moving and heart pumping. Be there at 9 p.m. at Scooter’s.
Friday, Oct. 15
- Adjoa Skinner, a jazz, folk singer and songwriter from upstate New York chose to experience the culture and music of East, South and West Africa, where she moved in 2000 and lived for two years, acquiring the name Adjoa. Her music is influenced by her experience in Africa. The show will run from 9 to 11 p.m. at Scooter’s.
- Join Fanamaniacs in cheering on the St. Thomas women’s volleyball team as it battles Hamline. Starting time is 7 p.m. in Schoenecker Arena at the Anderson Athletic and Recreation Complex. Come early to get a free Tommie headband and socks.
Saturday, Oct. 16
- Tie-dye a T-shirt with Tommies after Dark. TAD will provide all of the supplies and shirts. Creativity will abound from 10 p.m. to midnight in Campus Square, lower level, Murray-Herrick Campus Center.