The University of St. Thomas has a comprehensive Environmental Health and Safety Program to manage the university’s occupational and environmental health and safety concerns. Colin Brownlow, director of environmental health and safety, oversees this Physical Plant program.
Services provided and managed by the EH&S program include:
– Safety inspections and assessments
– Chemical exposure monitoring
– Noise monitoring
– Selection of protective equipment
– Indoor air quality assessments
– Office and workplace ergonomic assessments (in conjunction with Interior Design Services)
– Coordination of the Laboratory Safety Committee, which includes representatives from the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Psychology and the School of Engineering.
– Preparation and revision of the university’s Laboratory Safety Manual.
– Consulting on chemical and other safety issues related to laboratory operations.
– Laboratory safety inspections and testing of laboratory safety equipment.
The Environmental Health and Safety Program will provide regular updates in Bulletin Today about the program and environmental health and safety issues.
For further information on the Environmental Health and Safety Program or to request assistance with an environmental health and safety concern, contact Brownlow, (651) 962-6533.