Staff Council says thank you to appreciation breakfast attendees
From the Non-Exempt Staff Council
Some 150 food items and more than $50 in cash were donated to the Mercies of God Full Gospel Baptist Church Ministries at the Staff Appreciation Breakfast on Tuesday, April 17.
The food and cash were presented to the Rev. Dr. Carolyn Arnett, minister of the church, located about one and a half miles from campus. Arnett distributed them to needy families in the community.
For the first time, during breakfast a silent auction on four items was held, with the proceeds going to the Guild Incorporated, a nonprofit organization that helps people with mental illness to lead quality lives.
A total of $845 was raised from the silent auction. Congratulations to the recipients of the silent auction items:
- Two airline ticket vouchers: Barbara J. Alders, Binz Refectory and wedding coordinator
- A stay at the Millennium hotel: Brian Radke, Physical Plant-Shop/Electricians
- A stay at the Depot: Lori O’Brien; Building Services
- A stay at the Holiday Inn Express Suites & Hotel: Suzanne Krzmarzick; Opus College of Business
The Non-Exempt Staff council wishes to thank the following who helped make the Staff Appreciation Breakfast a great event:
- Staff who donated food and cash for the food shelf
- Bidders on the silent auction items
- UST Chamber singers, under the direction of Dr. Angela Broeker, and the Just Showed Up band for their wonderful music
- Food Services for a delicious meal and service
- UST departments that provided door prizes for this event: Auxiliary Services, Food Services/Catering, Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, Alumni and Constituent Relations, University Relations, St. Paul and Minneapolis Bookstores, Gainey Conference Center, Steve Trost, Box Office, Modern and Classical Languages, School of Education, Women’s Center, Public Safety, Human Resources, and the Service Center
- Non-Exempt Staff Council members for their tireless efforts to organize this event.
The Staff Appreciation breakfast shows the generosity and talent of UST staff and students.