Put these events on your social calendar
STAR (St. Thomas Activities and Recreation) and Student Affairs announce events to add to your February social calendar. Here are events happening soon; watch the Bulletin each week for more events.
Feb. 7-11, Healthy Relationship Week and Heart Hunt
Search campus for the wooden heart and win a $25 gift certificate for 128 Café and movie tickets. Look for clues at the Wellness Center and Scooter’s. Sponsored by the Wellness Center.
Monday, Feb. 7
— Multicultural Monday from noon to 3 p.m. in the Commuter Center, lower level, Murray-Herrick Campus Center. Stop by to visit with Multicultural Student Services staff and grab some M & Ms. Sponsored by the Commuter Center.
– Women’s basketball vs. St. Olaf at 7:30 p.m. in the arena
Tuesday, Feb. 8
— Chinese New Year and Fat Tuesday celebration all day in the Grill, Student Dining Room and Scooter’s. Celebrate these special days with delicious Chinese food available for purchase. Sponsored by Food Services.
– Mardi Gras Celebration, 8 p.m. in Common Ground. Come celebrate Mardi Gras with fun and games. Sponsored by Campus Ministry.
Ash Wednesday, Feb 9.
— The season of Lent begins. Masses will be celebrated at 7 a.m., 12:05 p.m. and 7 p.m. in the Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas; at noon in the Schulze Grand Atrium, UST School of Law; and at 5 p.m. in St. Mary’s Chapel, St. Paul Seminary School of Divinity. Sponsored by Campus Ministry.
– Free legal advice from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Commuter Center, lower level, Murray-Herrick Campus Center. This is your chance to speak with an attorney from Moore, Costello and Hart about personal legal issues. Sponsored by the Commuter Center.
Thursday, Feb 10
— Scooter’s Music Series, featuring St. Thomas student musicians at noon in Scooter’s. Sponsored by STAR.
– Biographical performance of "Black Eagle" by the Mixed Blood Theatre at noon in O’Shaughnessy Educational Center auditorium. This is a humor-laced story of an American hero, Dr. Ronald McNair, the African-American scientist aboard the ill-fated space shuttle Challenger.
– "Sankofa" movie producer, Haile Gerima, will speak at 3:30 p.m. in the John R. Roach Center for the Liberal Arts auditorium.
– Movie: "Sankofa" at 4:30 p.m. in the John R. Roach Center for the Liberal Arts auditorium. Watch a film that blends the modern day life of African descendants with the experience of slavery.
– Valentine’s Day Party at 7 p.m. in the Wellness House, 2080 Grand Ave. Enjoy free food as you make valentines. Sponsored by the Wellness Center.
Friday, Feb. 11, Men’s hockey vs. St. John ‘s at 7:30 p.m. (shuttle leaves at 7 p.m. ). Cost is $3 for students; $5 for staff and faculty. Bus sponsored by STAR
Saturday, Feb. 12
— Tommies After Dark, beginning at 10 p.m. in Koch Commons. Sponsored by STAR.
Sunday, Feb. 13 (Please note: The following paragraph was updated at 5:15 p.m. Feb. 7 with a new date for the event and time for the bus and cancellation of dinner.)
– – Skating at the Depot
Tickets for the Depot skating will be sold at the Box Office for $5, beginning Monday, Feb. 7. A free bus leaves at 2:40 p.m. from Lot H. Skating will take place from 3 to 5 pm. $5 ticket price. You can read more about Depot skating online.