By Mike Klein
Coordinator of Volunteer Services
Thank you to everyone who shopped at the Christmas sale on Dec. 7-8 and to the many students who helped out. Special thanks to the students of Volunteers In Action (VIA), VISION and the Coalition for Social Justice.
Your purchases totaled just over $5,000. All of the money raised goes directly to the following charitable organizations represented at the fair:
- Maria’s Children is an arts project that supports a Russian orphanage.
- The Regina Project employs recent immigrants at a living wage to make quilts for homeless children.
- The Heifer Project provides life-sustaining animals to developing communities.
- Catholic Relief Services supports communities in crisis with humanitarian assistance.
- The San Lucas Mission addresses health, education and economic issues through the Catholic Church in San Lucas Toliman, Guatemala.
- Ten Thousand Villages supports arts and crafts cooperatives in developing communities around the world.
- The White Earth Land Recovery Project builds traditional sustainable economies on the White Earth Reservation in Minnesota, while addressing land issues on the reservation.
- The VISION Cooperative Project purchases crafts from cooperatives at VISION sites and sells them to the UST community to raise awareness and funding for future sales.
Look for this first-time sale to become an annual event. Thank you again for your support.