St. Thomas Activities and Recreation will host its annual Spring Fling Week April 7-14. Enjoy these STAR-sponsored events each day:
- 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 7, in O’Shaughnessy Educational Center auditorium: Laugh the night away with comedians Bill Maher (“Politically Incorrect”) and Pam Stone (“Coach”). Read more at here.
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, April 8: Bring your lunch and go on a picnic at Como Zoo. Buses leave the arches at 11 a.m. and return to UST at 3 p.m.
- 9 p.m.-midnight Monday, April 10, in Foley Plaza: It’s UST’s annual Tommie Tub Night! Dig that swimsuit out of the drawer and join your friends in the hot tubs. Free pop, popcorn and a movie — aptly, “The Deep Blue Sea" — will start your week the right way.
- 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 11, in Schoenecker Arena: Olympic gold medalist Jackie Joyner-Kersee gives a free lecture. Read more at here.
- 8 p.m. Thursday, April 13, in Scooter’s: Kick back and enjoy the live music at Scooter’s tonight.
- 8 p.m.-1 a.m. Friday, April 14, at the Quest, 110 N. Fifth St., Minneapolis: The annual Spring Fling dance. Tickets are available only in advance at the St. Thomas Box Office, first floor, Murray-Herrick Campus Center. Tickets are $12 per person. Buses will be provided from Lot H (near the stadium).
Food Service to offer Spring Fling specials next week
Who’s got short shorts? We’ve got short shorts. Boxers that is — Joe Boxers.
Come to the Grill during Spring Fling week, April 10-14, and try to win a pair of Joe Boxers, a Kellogg’s snack or an air-fair voucher worth $99 to London. See a cashier for a game card.
The St. Thomas Food Service also will offer Spring Fling food specials (see sidebar).
The Grill, first floor, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
- 11 a.m. Monday, April 10: Popcorn chicken and fries, while supplies last, $3.50
- 7-10:15 a.m. Tuesday, April 11: Napoleon French Toast, $2.50. French toast rounds topped with apple or strawberry sauce and whipped cream.
- 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 12: Hamburgers and hotdogs grilled in Foley Plaza
- Thursday, April 13: Chicken Caesar wrap at the sandwich bar, $2.85
- 7 a.m.-1:30 a.m. Friday, April 14: Breakfast available all day.
Watch for other surprise specials in the Grill.
The Pit Stop, lower level, Koch Commons
Purchase 10 smoothies and get one free. Punch cards available at the cashier. Limited supply.
Featured smoothies of the week: non-alcoholic margaritas and pina coladas.
Beakers Coffee Cart, Owens Science Hall
Featured drink: Italian sodas, $1.50. Pick your flavor.