Minor in Recording Arts
The minor in recording arts provides students with the recording and production skills necessary to succeed in today’s modern media marketplace. Through classroom and hands-on instruction, students develop an understanding of current recording hardware and software, recording and mixing techniques, music composition and songwriting, and the business of music.
- MUSC 140 Music Media (2 credits)
- MUSC 160 Introduction to Music Business (4 credits)
- MUSC 162 Roots of Blues, Rock, and Country Music (4 credits)
- MUSC 205 Advanced Studio Recording (4 credits)
- MUSC 224 Songwriting/Composition (2 credits)
- MUSC 305 The Art of Mixing (4 credits)