For undergraduate students pursuing a career in music performance or advanced degrees in music performance.
Guidelines for choosing an ensemble
If principal instrument is:
- Piano - at least two semesters in MUSN 171: at least two semesters in MUSN 172; at least two semesters in one of: MUSN 143. 160, 181, 185, 186, 190: two semesters may be in 161, 182, 183.
- Voice - voice majors must participate in a minimum of eight semesters in MUSN 140, 142, 143, or 160.
- Woodwind, Brass or Percussion - at least eight semesters in MUSN 185 or 186.
- Orchestral String - at least eight semesters in MUSN 181.
- Guitar - at least six semesters in MUSN 173; at least two semesters in MUSN 174.
- Other Instruments - at least eight semesters chosen from: MUSN 143, 160, 171, 172, 185, 190.