How Do I Register for Courses?
Consider the following options to confirm your enrollment or category status for studies in Graduate Programs in Music Education (GPME):
Degree-seeking Master of Arts in Music Education: Students who have been accepted into the degree program. Each concentration has core courses, required concentration courses, and elective concentration courses. M.A. degree concentrations are:
Nondegree: Students who desire academic credit and an official transcript of course work. All courses—except required M.A. core courses—and all workshops are available to nondegree students. Kodály, piano, and Orff Certificate students who are not M.A. students register as nondegree students.
- Auditor: Two or three credit courses may be audited. Auditors pay tuition rates based on a percentage formula. A grade of audit is reflected on the auditor’s transcript.
- Alumni Discount: Graduates of the University of St. Thomas Master of Arts in Music Education degree program are eligible for a $100 tuition discount for one summer course when taken at the nondegree rate. The Alumni Discount is not applicable to a couse taken at the audit rate.
- Workshop Participants: Those who take part in the annual Piano Pedagogy workshops or submit a workshop essay for graduate credit will be registered as nondegree students.
Students enrolling in studies with Graduate Programs in Music Education (GPME) register in one of several ways:
All students with an active University of St. Thomas identification number are required to register for courses and workshops through their MURPHY Online account.
- New to MURPHY: If this is your first time registering through MURPHY or you would like a refresher on how to complete the process, please watch the MURPHY Online Registration Videos.
- New to the University of St. Thomas: Complete the registration form and send it in as directed on the form. The form must be completed in its entirety.
- Identification number has become inactive: Complete the registration form and send it in as directed on the form. The form must be completed in its entirety.
Priority Registration Deadlines
Courses with a start date from June 16-June 30: priority deadline is May 16.
Courses with a start date from July 7-July 14: priority deadline is June 23.
Courses with a start date from July 21-July 28: priority deadline is June 30.
We will continue accepting registrations until courses have met maximum enrollment.