Policy Reports for the Caritas in Veritate Foundation
To support the Holy See in its work at the United Nations, the Caritas in Veritate Foundation, in Geneva, Switzerland, and the Center for Catholic Studies at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota, collaborated in preparing reports on current issues discussed at the United Nations . The Terrence J. Murphy Institute for Catholic Thought, Law, and Public Policy, a joint venture between the Center for Catholic Studies and the School of Law at the University of St. Thomas, financially supports this collaboration, helps identify experts to draft these reports and, with the authors' permission, makes them available on this website. In 2013 the following reports were drafted in response to documents released for Session 22 of the Human Rights Council at the United Nations in Geneva:
- Child Trafficking, Mary Leary, Prof. of Law, The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, Washington DC
- Securing the Human Right to Food Within and Across Borders, Barrett Brenton, Ph.D., Prof. Of Anthropology, St. John’s University, New York and Ellen Messer, Ph.D., Visiting Associate Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University
- Freedom of Religion, Kristine Kalanges, Associate Prof. of Law, Notre Dame Law School, South Bend, IN
- Patentatibility of Genetic Material, O. Carter Snead, Prof. of Law, and Joseph R. Ganahl, Notre Dame Law School, South Bend, IN
- Urban Poor, Charles Clark, Ph.D., Prof. of Economics, St. John’s University, New York
Links are included for those reports for which we have received permission from the author to make publicly available.