The Arabic program at the University of St. Thomas:
- Offers elementary and intermediate courses in Modern Standard Arabic.
- Teaches the four skills of speaking, listening, writing and reading.
- Enhances classroom instruction with video, audio and interactive computer technology.
- Supports a variety of study abroad programs in the Arabic-speaking world (for more details, check out www.stthomas.edu/studyabroad)
Hisham Khalek is an Arab American born in Mount Lebanon. He holds an M.A. in political science and a Ph.D. in comparative education from the University of Minnesota (pending). Hisham Khalek is the author of Exploring Arabic textbook and supplements.
Did You Know?
- Arabic is spoken in 22 Arab nations, by almost 300 million people!
- Arabic is the language of the Qur’an, the holy book of about one billion Muslims.
- Arabic is one of the official languages of the United Nations.
Department of Modern and Classical Languages
Third Floor O'Shaughnessy Education Center
2115 Summit Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
MCL Department Phone: (651) 962-5150 email@example.com