The Arabic program at the University of St. Thomas:
- Offers elementary and intermediate courses in Modern Standard Arabic.
- Teaches the four skills of speaking, listening, writing and reading.
- Enhances classroom instruction with video, audio and interactive computer technology.
- Supports a variety of study abroad programs in the Arabic-speaking world (for more details, check out www.stthomas.edu/studyabroad)
Hisham Khalek is an Arab American born in Mount Lebanon. He holds an M.A. in political science and a Ph.D. in comparative education from the University of Minnesota (pending). Hisham Khalek is the author of Exploring Arabic textbook and supplements.
Did You Know?
- Arabic is spoken in 22 Arab nations, by almost 300 million people!
- Arabic is the language of the Qur’an, the holy book of about one billion Muslims.
- Arabic is one of the official languages of the United Nations.
Student comments on the Arabic courses at UST
- “Arabic enhanced my knowledge of the culture and life of the Arab people.”
- “Arabic is a great class. I have learned about the Middle East culture as well as the language.”