Math Placement Exam Information
Fall 2015 Math Placement Exam Information
The placement exam will be offered:
Fridays at 3pm in OSS 225 or by appointment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Report to OSS 225; bring your student ID (or other photo ID), a pencil, and scratch paper.
Students are allowed to take the test once each semester, with summer counting as part of the fall semester and J-term counting as part of spring semester.
Not all students need to take a placement exam. You only need to take the exam if any of the following apply to you (Note: these cutoffs were updated in March of 2014. Students enrolled at that time who had already sent their test scores to UST will be placed under the old criteria; for more information about this, email email@example.com)
- your ACT Math score was less than 28 and you want to take MATH 113, Calculus I.
- your ACT Math score was less than 25 and you want to take MATH 111, Business Calculus.
- your ACT Math score was less than 23 and you want to take MATH 108, Calculus with Review I.
- your ACT Math score was less than 20 and you want to take MATH 101, Finite Mathematics, or MATH 100, Mathematical Sampler.
- You did not send your ACT scores to St. Thomas within 2 years of taking the test.
Results from the exam are available within 2 business days of taking the exam.
For information on preparing for a Placement Exam, click the tab for review materials on the left.
Contact MaRC Director, Molly Peterson with any questions:
Office: OSS 233