Math Placement Exam Information
Summer 2015 Math Placement Exam Information
During Summer 2015 (beginning May 26th), the exam will be offered Sundays from 6 PM to 9 PM, Monday through Wednesday from 11 AM to 2 PM and 6 PM to 9 PM, and Thursday from 11 AM to 2 PM. Please plan on showing up at least an hour and a half before closing time to make sure that you can finish before closing time. For summer testing, report to OSS 235; bring your student ID (or other photo ID), a pencil, and scratch paper.
Students are allowed to take the test once each semester, with summer counting as part of the fall semester and J-term counting as part of spring semester.
Not all students need to take a placement exam. You only need to take the exam if any of the following apply to you (Note: these cutoffs were updated in March of 2014. Students enrolled at that time who had already sent their test scores to UST will be placed under the old criteria; for more information about this, email email@example.com):
- your ACT Math score was less than 28 and you want to take MATH 113, Calculus I.
- your ACT Math score was less than 25 and you want to take MATH 111, Business Calculus.
- your ACT Math score was less than 23 and you want to take MATH 108, Calculus with Review I.
- your ACT Math score was less than 20 and you want to take MATH 101, Finite Mathematics, or MATH 100, Mathematical Sampler.
- You did not send your ACT scores to St. Thomas within 2 years of taking the test.
Results from the exam are available within 2 business days of taking the exam.
For information on preparing for a Placement Exam, click the tab for review materials on the left.
Contact MaRC Director John Nelson with any questions:
Office: OSS 233