Computers & Technology
Wireless access is available to anyone throughout the campus. In order to access the University’s network and the Library’s electronic resources you will need an active UST username and password.
Most library electronic resources are are available from off-campus via a simple log in, which you are directed to automatically when you access a resource's link from our website:
Technology in the Libraries:
The Libraries have over 200 computers for student, faculty, and staff access. Most are Dell or Gateway Windows PCs, but there are 4 Apple Mac computers at the O'Shaughnessy-Frey (OSF) Library and 2 at the Keffer Library.
Computers are located on the main floor of all the UST Libraries and the Sub Level and Lower Level of the OSF library.
Black & white and color printers are available at all of the UST Libraries. Each student has a quota of $32.00 per semester to cover printing costs (b & w $.08/page, color $.25/page).
Photocopiers, Scanners, and Microform Machines
- Self-service photocopiers are available in each library.
- Four scanners are located on the Lower Level of the OSF Library.
- One scanner is located on the Main Level of the Keffer Library.
- Microform machines are located on Level 2 of the OSF Library and at the Ireland Library.
Users can also scan to email or USB using the various multi-function copiers. See IRT Scanning & Copying Instructions.
Software and Equipment Check-out
- Microsoft Windows 7 (64 bit) operating system is available only to Faculty and Staff for check-out at the Keffer and O'Shaughnessy-Frey Libraries.
- For student access to Mathematica and Minitab downloads, see the IRT student software page.
- For faculty and staff access to operating systems, Mathematica, Minitab, Microsoft Office, or other software, see IRT's faculty/staff software page.
- Headphones, external disc drives, and adapter cables are available for check-out at the Libraries circulation desks. You can also check out a Kindle ebook reader.
There are two assistive technology workstations located in the O’Shaughnessy-Frey and Keffer Libraries.
These workstations are available only to individuals who have been granted permission from Academic Counseling, (651) 962-6300.
These workstations provide the following visual and auditory computing enhancement software:
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Kurzweil 1000
- Kurzweil 3000
- Faculty & Staff
- Off-Campus Access
- Alumni & Guests
- Interlibrary Loan
- Study Rooms
- Computers & Technology
- Course Reserves
Hit up this QR code for the mobile version of the IRT Tech Desk, 651-962-6230
Tech Desks are also located on the main floors of the OSF and Keffer Libraries.