Faculty & Staff Services
We can save you time, enliven your courses with academic content (books, databases, journal articles, streaming audio and video, etc.), improve your students' research skills, and help you in your scholarly pursuits in many ways.
Contact a subject librarian
Librarian subject specialists are your point of contact to the library and its services. Schedule an instruction session, request a course guide, consult about finding elusive sources or data, request new resources.
Place readings on Course Reserves
Schedule a library instruction session for your course
We welcome the opportunity to work with you and your students to make their library research for your course efficient and effective. More about library instruction | Schedule a session.
Embed library content into Blackboard
The UST Libraries subscribe to thousands of unique journals online and hundreds of databases for use in teaching and research. We encourage you to place direct links to these resources within Blackboard (see our how-to guide: Blackboard: Integrating Library Resources) and on web pages:
- Easy access for students to exactly what faculty want them to use
- No copyright concerns - the link is to something for which we've already paid
- Linking generates usage statistics - so that we do not cancel highly used materials
Browse academic journals on your tablet
BrowZine is a platform available online and as a mobile app for IOS and Android tablets, allowing you to browse, read and monitor content from the library’s academic journals just as you would any other ejournal.
Keep current using alerting services
Get relevant articles pushed to you: many of our databases can send users alerts to new content via email or RSS feeds.
Borrowing privileges & policies
Faculty can designate a proxy under the following conditions:
- Your designated proxy must be another member of the UST community.
- A Proxy Form must be completed and have your signature, the name of your proxy, and a photocopy of your ID and the ID of your proxy.
- The proxy completes transactions in your name.
- Checkout of library materials and other library transactions will be on your account and you will be responsible for any and all unreturned library materials.
- The proxy is in charge of keeping the form. If there is any reason you wish to withdraw this authorization, it is your responsibility to rescind the form.
Note: Student and staff patrons are not allowed to designate a proxy. Spouses, friends, or other proxy borrowers are not allowed to check out materials for someone else; only faculty have this privilege.