Bike Share Program
UST Bike Share will not be circulating bikes during the winter months, beginning Monday, November 4th, 2013.
The O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library, UST's Wellness Center, and Bicycle Enthusiasts at St. Thomas (BEAST) have partnered together to lend bikes, for free. The library has 5 bikes available for check-out. You can search CLICnet (“UST Bike”) to see which bikes are available for check-out.
- Bikes are available only to current UST faculty, staff, and students.
- Loan period is 3 days.
- If a bike is not returned within 30 days of its due date, the bike will be regarded as missing and the full cost of the bike will be charged to the patron.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Remember, cyclists must follow the traffic laws.
- Wear brightly colored clothing that will make you noticeable to others on the road.
- Reflective clothing is necessary for night riding.
- Avoid wearing sandals, flip-flops, heels, and cleats - wear sneakers!
- Be careful of loose pant legs, backpack straps, and shoelaces as they can get caught in the chain.
- Always ride on the right side of the road.
- Never ride against traffic.
- Use bike lanes whenever possible.
- Learn the proper hand signals for turning and stopping.