Dr. Young-ok AnDirector
As new director at the Luann Dummer Center for Women, Young-ok An is excited about the opportunity to serve the vast constituents of women students, faculty, and the staff at UST. An has been at the University since 1997, and has held the post of Assitant to the Chair of the English department from 2008 to 2012, during which she worked closely with adjunct faculty members. Through her teaching, scholarship, and service, she has worked on issues of gender, feminism, women’s history and writing; she hopes to bring her experiences and specialty to the job so as to support and advocate for the Center’s mission. She also hopes to strengthen and expand the sense of community with which the LDCW has long been associated. An regularly teaches, both at undergraduate and graduate levels, courses in British Romantic literature, women’s writing, critical theory, as well as literature and writing. Also, she has enjoyed teaching various courses in Women’s Studies, including Senior Seminar.
Jessie McShaneAdministrative Assistant
Jessie joined the Luann Dummer Center for Women in 2013. As an alumna and a strong supporter for the university, she enjoys being able to help students, alumni, and staff work towards personal and career goals through the center. As a strong advocate for women Jessie is proud to represent the LDCW and hopes to make our space well known on campus.
Jessie graduated from UST in 2012 with a double major in Political Science and Justice and Peace Studies. After graduation she moved across the world to Mokpo, South Korea to teach English as a second language to 500 Korean middle school students per week. The year Jessie spent in South Korea growing, learning, and traveling was her most memorable life expierence thus far. Jessie plans to start graduate school next Fall at UST focusing on International Leadership and Public Policy.
Advisory Board Members
- Dr. Vanessa Cornett-Murtada, Music Department
- Elizabeth A. Dussol, Academic Counseling
- Curt LeMay, Archbishop Ireland Memorial Library
- Dr. Marie Lopez del Puerto, Physics Department
- Dr. Jill M. Manske, Biology Department
- Dr. Sue Myers, Women's Studies and Theology Departments (ex-officio)
- Patricia A. Satzer, Law Library
- Carey A. Winkler, School of Social Work
- Dr. Mary Ann Ryan, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
- Kari Zimmerman, History Department
- Dr. Nancy Zingale (ex-officio)
- Laura Noppe, Graduate Student Representative
- Melissa Seymour, Undergraduate Student Representative