- Amanda Lesnikowski, undergraduate recipient, will present her research titled "The Freedom Quilting Bee in the 1960s and Today: The Quilters of Gee's Bend as Artists, Merchants, and Activists" (Art History, Dr. Heather Shirey)
- Rachel MacDonald, graduate recipient, will present her research titled "(Re)reading for Departure: Mary Karr, Trauma, and Textual Memory" (English, Dr. Matthew Batt)
- Nouchie Xiong, graduate recipient, will present her research titled "The Emergence of Hmong-American Feminism: Tracing the Trajectory of Change and Empowerment of Hmong Women in the U.S." (English, Dr. Elizabeth Wilkinson)
LDCW Grant Recipient and Women’s Studies Reception
The Luann Dummer Center for Women is hosting a reception for our 2012-2013 grant recipients, along with graduating Women’s Studies majors and minors and the 2013-2014 grant recipients. Come celebrate the accomplishments of our students on Friday, May 3 from 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. in the Center.
Friday, May 3, 2013
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Luann Dummer Center for Women
O'Shaughnessy Educational Center, Room 103
Free and Open to the Public
Refreshments will be provided.
The Luann Dummer Center for Women and the Women’s Studies Department invite the campus community to a celebratory reception on Friday, May 3rd.
Poster presentations will be given by this year’s student research fellowship awardees:
Also acknowledged will be Women’s Studies minors who are graduating in May: Alexa Bulau, Calvin Hauer, Allison Krug, Katie LaSee, Emilee Sirek, and Heather Statz. Emilee Sirek was also awarded the Women's Studies Fellowship for 2011-2012. Morgan Scheurers received the Women's Studies Fellowship for 2012-2013.
Fellowship and Scholarship recipients for 2013-2014 include:
- LDCW Undergraduate Research Fellowship: Lindsey Landgraf (Major in Social Work; faculty advisor: Ande Nesmith)
- LDCW Undergraduate Research Fellowship: Samantha Wisneski (Majors in Art History and Communication & Journalism; Minor in American Culture & Difference; faculty advisor: Kanishka Chowdhury)
- LDCW Graduate Research Fellowship: Wendy DePaolis (Major in Art History; faculty advisor: Heather Shirey)
- Women Connect Scholarship: Katherine Huss (Majors in Catholic Studies and Apparel Design)