Women Connect Scholarship
This scholarship was established in May 2010 by the St. Thomas Women Connect affinity group to be used for a scholarship at the University of St. Thomas in accordance with the Mission of St. Thomas Women Connect:
"St. Thomas Women Connect is an affinity group of alumnae committed to coming together to inspire and advance one another personally, professionally, and spiritually, as well as give back to the St. Thomas community through networking, service and fun."
The scholarship is awarded in the amount of $1,000 for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Scholarship recipient must be an undergraduate student of sophomore or junior standing. Students must be enrolled at UST during most or all of the scholarship period.
- Recipient must hold at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Preference is given to a female student.
- Student must demonstrate leadership abilities in the classroom and in the community.
- Student must be enrolled in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants should submit a 1-2 page essay that describes how he or she is carrying out the mission of St. Thomas Women Connect.
- Application requires one letter of recommendation.
Electronically submit the following by Friday, March 15, 2013 to the Luann Dummer Center for Women at firstname.lastname@example.org. The scholarship recipient will be selected in partnership with St. Thomas Women Connect and the Luann Dummer Center for Women
1. Cover page with the following information: student's name, student ID number, major, mail box number, phone number, and email address
2. A 1-2 page essay that describes how he or she is carrying out the Mission of St. Thomas Women Connect (the Mission is in italics at the top of the page)
3. Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
4. Letter of recommendation
Contact Dr. Young-ok An, Director, Luann Dummer Center for Women at 962-6118 or via email at email@example.com.