Professional Development Award
The Luann Dummer Center for Women is pleased to offer grants in support of professional development activities that are appropriate to the mission of the Center in that they "foster the intellectual, spiritual, and personal development of women, and promote an open and diverse environment at St. Thomas."
Among the kinds of activities that these grants might support are registration fees for workshops, travel to conferences, and other related expenses. Preference will be given to staff who have no other funding sources available for professional development, though all staff and faculty are eligible to apply.
The maximum award for any individual will be $1,000. Awards to groups of individuals, activities with a collaborative focus, and awards that are likely to broadly affect St. Thomas are especially encouraged. All recipients will be expected to share the benefits of their activities with the St. Thomas community.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. To apply, please send your application in one PDF, or Word document, to the Luann Dummer Center for Women, firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the following:
- Applicant’s name, position, department, e-mail address, and campus phone
- Nature of the activity (e.g., title and location of workshop, conference brochure, flyer for speaker)
- Brief statement of how your participation in this activity addresses the mission of the Luann Dummer Center for Women, as stated above
- Proposal for sharing the benefits of this activity with the St. Thomas community
- Other sources of funding you can access (e.g., departmental funds)
- Other professional development activities you have engaged in during the last three years, including sources of funding where appropriate
- Budget including all expenses, other funding sources you are approaching, and the specific amount you are requesting from this award
Finally, the Luann Dummer Center for Women would like to request that all recepients be involved in various LDCW programs (such as Feminist Fridays and other events) throughout the duration of the year+. These and more events can be found on our website here. It's important that we build a sense of intellectual community. Thank you!
For additional information, please contact Dr. Young-ok An, Director, Luann Dummer Center for Women via e-mail at email@example.com.