LDCW Student Leadership Grant
The scholarship is awarded in the amount of $1,000 for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Scholarship recipient must be an undergraduate student of sophomore or junior standing. Students must be enrolled at UST during most or all of the scholarship period.
- Recipient must hold at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Preference is given to a female student.
- Student must demonstrate leadership abilities in the classroom and in the community.
- Students from the under-represent groups and non-traditional students are strongly encouranged to apply.
- Applicants should submit a 1-2 page essay that describes how he or she is carrying out the mission of St. Thomas Luann Dummer Center for Women.
- Application requires one letter of recommendation.
The application cover sheet and proposal should be submitted as one PDF, or Word document, to the Luann Dummer Center for Women, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, March 13, 2015. Members of the LDCW Advisory Board will then review applications and notify applicants of their decision.
1. Cover page with the following information: student's name, student ID number, major, mail box number, phone number, and email address
2. A 1-2 page essay that describes how he or she is carrying out the Mission of St. Thomas Women Connect (the Mission is in italics at the top of the page)
3. Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
4. Letter of recommendation
The Luann Dummer Center for Women would like to request that all recepients be involved in various LDCW programs (such as Feminist Fridays and other events) throughout the duration of their scholarship. These and more events can be found on our website here. It's important that we build a sense of intellectual community. Thank you!
Contact Dr. Young-ok An, Director, Luann Dummer Center for Women via email at email@example.com.