Published on: Friday, December 18, 2009
The Law Alumni Advisory Board is comprised of four officers (Past-President, President, President-elect and Secretary/Treasurer), 15 directors and the Student Government President. Each officer will hold a one-year term, and each director will hold a two-year term. The President and the Past-President will also hold a seat on the UST Law Board of Governors. The Secretary/Treasurer has automatic succession to the position of President-elect, President and Past-president.
Through an appointments process, members of the Alumni Advisory Board are appointed to the 8 open positions, including Secretary/Treasurer. The 2010 Appointments Committee was comprised of: Monica (Kelly) Gould ('04), the immediate Past-President to the Board and UST Law Board of Governors representative Dean Thomas Mengler, Assistant Dean Lisa Brabbit, David Bateson, Director - Mentor Program, Melanie (LaComb) McMahon ('05), and Robert Parish ('04). The Alumni Association is grateful for the service of the Appointments Committee.
The Alumni Association is pleased to announce the 2010 Law Alumni Advisory Board:
• President, Kathryn Nikolai Hibbard (’06), Greene Espel, P.L.L.P.
• President-elect, Thea Porisch (’04), Attorney
• Secretary/Treasurer, Brooke Swenson (‘07), Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
• Past-President and Board of Governors Representative, Darwin Williams (’05), Jardine, Logan and O'Brien, P.L.L.P.
Incoming Directors, term until 12/31/2011
• Director, Victoria Jacobson Brenner (‘04), Collins, Buckley, Sauntry and Haugh, P.L.L.P.
• Director, Bradley Walz (‘04), Winthrop and Weinstine, P.A.
• Director, Rachel Myers (‘06), Krass Monroe, P.A.
• Director, Christopher Wheaton (‘08), Wheaton Law Group, P.L.L.C.
• Director, M. Graciela Gonzalez (‘09), Attorney, Legal Rights Center volunteer
• Director, Thomas Harrison (‘09), Hennepin County District Court
• Director, Erin Lord (‘09), Erstad & Riemer, P.A.
Continuing Directors, term until 12/31/2010
• Director, Matthew Donovan (’04), Farrell Fritz, P.C.
• Director, Ian Dobson (’06), Minnesota Attorney General’s Office
• Director, Bryan R. Feldhaus (’06), Lommen, Abdo, Cole, King and Stageberg, P.A.
• Director, Jessica Slattery Karich (’06), Winthrop and Weinstine, P.A.
• Director, Joseph Johnson (’07), Target
• Director, Christopher D. Nelson (’07), Dunlap and Seeger, P.A
• Director, Kelly Binford (’08), Hennepin County District Court
• Director, Laura Hammargren (’08), Dorsey & Whitney, L.L.P.
The School of Law community extends its sincere appreciation to Darwin Williams (’05) for his service as the 2009 Board President and to Monica (Kelly) Gould (’04) for her service as the 2009 Past-President and Board of Governors Representative. The School of Law community also thanks the following Directors whose two-year Board term expired December 2009: Heather McElroy (’04), John Nesse (’04), John Saunders (’05), Kristi Schlosser Carlson (’06), and Elizabeth Loddy Tolzmann (’05).